Monday, September 8, 2008

Politics and the Media

Ok..this will not be pretty because ,frankly,I have had it up to HERE with the Media Bias.I take all those Rumors and Half Truth as an Insult to my Intelligence.The Irony in all of this is that it took OPRAH,of all People,to bring Attention to this.I bet She did not intended to start such a Controversy over the Issue but it seems to me that Oprah's Statement was the last Straw for many People.It is obvious for a long Time now that 90% of the Media are pro Obama.I don't care who you Vote for and I am not trying to sway People one way or the other but give me a BREAK! When i see one Candidate paraded around like he is the best thing since sliced Bread while the other Candidate is Vilified and smeared non stop I cant help but wonder what the other Side is so afraid of.Does the Media really think they have to Spoon feed us Information they deem appropriate? I want Proof...I want to see Documents...and this goes both ways.When the Rumor first came up that Sen. Obama is a Muslim I did my Research,I could not find any solid proof that he is but I did Stumble over some Quotes from HIS Book and several Interviews that made me feel very very Uneasy.I spoke to Friends and Family who attended Sen.Obamas "Show"in Berlin,Germany and I found that all of them where Disappointed and honestly offended by the "Show"Atmosphere and lack of concrete Statements in his Speech.That be said...what about "Sexism"? Gov.Sarah Palin is the second Woman ever to receive a VP Nomination .In my Opinion that is just as "historical" as the Nomination of the First African-American Presidential Candidate.Both broke down Barriers and opened Doors for generations to come. The Gauntlet Gov.Palin and her Family have to walk daily is nauseating at best.Would a Man be doubted if he could balance Family and Career? Sen.Biden was praised to no end about his ability to be a single Father and his ability to balance a political Career and Family.Gov.Palin has been called an unfit Mother.Sen.Obamas Kids where soooo Cute at the Convention.Gov Palin is a Bad Mother who drags her Kids into the Spot Light.Double Standards? I believe so!Oprah can refuse to have Gov.Palin on her Show..it is her Show..and frankly ,it will help the Mccain/Palin Ticket more than any Interview could.But to assume that WE THE PEOPLE cant see the REAL reasons behind her Decision is Insulting!I did not watch last Nights MTV Awards (just can bring myself to watch a bunch of half naked Clowns make a fool out of themselves lol)but today's Clips of the Show where disgusting!"VOTE OBAMA"was the theme of the Show and the Crowd ate it up!I liked it better when Entertainers where just that... ENTERTAINERS!Once Airheads like Jane Fonda,Sean Penn and the like started to spew their disoriented views, without any Consequences ,the Entertainment Industry opened a Can of Worms they will never be able to close.It became Chic to bash and Slander anybody who is not Part of the Ultra liberal" Crowd.So called "serious"News Programs jumped on the Band Wagon and Started to spread assumptions,Rumors and Half Truth all over the Air waves...slowly more and more People abandoned their own Views and ability to think Independently.The Elections have become a popularity Contest..a Washington Version of "Survivor" where we might as well Vote by Phone just like on "American Idol".Instead of doing a bit of Research on Topics that matter to them they just accepted the "Facts" delivered by a biased Media.Wake up People!!!I suggest that you Answer a few Questions for your Self...What are my Values?What Issues are Important to me,What can I compromise on and which Candidate comes closest to my Values?Lets see..I am a Christian,a(legal)Immigrant,Pump Gas and Feed my Family,My Husband and Son are Soldiers who are or have been Deployed to Iraq and I am against Abortion ,however there are certain Exceptions (Rape,Incest,Danger for the Mothers Life),and Pro Morning After Pill.Those are the Core Issues I wont Compromise on!Which one of the Candidates would "fit"in best when Invited to one of our Chaotic Dinners?Sorry but I just cant see Sen.Obama be comfortable in my Kitchen. In this House we ask Questions and expect CLEAR Answers..not things like "this is above my Pay grade"Yes,No and a short explanation will do just fine.So After Comparing Candidates and Parties...Campaign Topics and Solutions offered..especially after watching the Saddleback Church Coverage... the best Match for this Family is Sen.Mccain and Gov.Palin.They Understand what needs to be fixed and have Intelligent Solutions on how to fix it,Sen.Obama has a lot of fluffed up Plans but no Idea how to Pay for them.Raise Taxes for the Rich...coool....just HOW will that Backfire?Raise Taxes on a Business and it will go 2 ways...Jobs get cut and Prices go up so Us Regular Folks are footing the Bill one way or the other.Now there are a Few things I don't agree with but we all have to Compromise.I rather have a Team of Mavericks running the Show than a Team of Inexperienced Flip Flopping Bobble Heads that will say anything just to please whatever crowd they happen to speak to.So now I get off my Soap Box and Challenge you to do your Homework...Simple Questions..Simple Answers..dig through the Fluff and Rubbish..a little Hint..you will find a lot of Answers on official Government Websites like Senate and Congress(Check out how your Candidate Voted in the Past you might be Surprised what you find).Don't rely on your Candidates Website only...search for Sources and Pre Election Coverage before you let others dictate what to think and how to Vote!

1 comment:

Ramey and Stephanie said...

HEY PETRA!! How are you doing?? I hope you remember me! I'm Reece's mom--Stephanie Moore. You had him a few years ago at KK. Now he's a big kindergartener! My husband is still in the army and has been deployed to Iraq for 11 months now. We've got 3 to go. We're at Ft. Hood and on our way to Benning next summer! He's a tanker...hooah and everything! ;)
We've got a blog too if you'd like to see my big boys!
Let me know how you are!
Stephanie Moore